NIE OR FOREIGN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER
The NIE (Numero de Identificacion de Extranjero) – foreigner identification number, this number is unique and is given once in a lifetime.
For any kind of economic, professional or social activity in Spain, a foreign citizen needs to obtain a NIE:
- to open a Bank account in Spain;
- to buy property in Spain;
- buy a car;
- open your company in Spain;
- to rent long term a property (conclusion of agreements for the payment of utility bills: electricity, water, gas).
For obtaining a residence permit or a student visa for a period of 180 days NIE will be assigned automatically if a positive decision granting a residence permit or a student residence in Spain.
To NIE personally or through a representative:
- at the Spanish Consulate in the country of residence;
- in Department of migration service by place of residence in Spain. A mandatory requirement to get an NIE number is a legal finding of the foreign citizen in Spain!
- Documents required for obtaining NIE is:
- the application for obtaining the NIE (form EX-15);
- identity document (passport) original;
- copies of all pages of the passport
- receipt of payment of the state fee – 9,45 Euro;
- two photos 3,5 x 4,5;
- the basis for obtaining NIE;
- power of attorney (if the procedure is performed by the representative without personal presence).
The Consulate General in Moscow NIE can be obtained within 5-7 working days, both personally and through our representative, to hand over the documents without an appointment.
In Alicante for NIE will take 1-3 working days, but to hand over documents is only possible by prior registration in the migration service.
The process of obtaining a NIE is not difficult, but if You don't have time or You want to be sure that everything is properly filled out and the documents are accepted the first time, we'll take these worries to themselves.
The cost of obtaining an NIE number through our Agency – 150 Euro (to be paid separately power of attorney at the notary – EUR 50).